In this page you can find information:
- About the venue
- How to get to the Chania city
- How to get to the Venue location
About the Venue
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering Building, Kounoupidiana Campus, Technical University of Crete (TUC), at Chania, Crete, Greece.
The Kounoupidiana campus is the main campus of the Technical University of Crete (TUC).
It is built on a panoramic location in Kounoupidiana, Akrotiri, 7 km northeast of the city of Chania, with a total area surface of 290 hectares.
The Technical University of Crete is one of Greece’s Higher Education Institutions, and places emphasis both on education and research. TUC comprises of five academic engineering schools.
View School of Electronic and Computer Engineering – Technical University of Crete in a larger map
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) offers a five-year undergraduate program, and also graduate (MSc or PhD level) programs. ECE is deeply involved in basic and applied research activities.
The Intelligent Systems Lab is one of ECE’s formally established laboratories, and its current research spans many areas, such as Semantic Web, Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer vision, Peer-to-Peer computing and Intelligent Agents and Multiagent Systems.
More information can be found at:
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Technical University of Crete (ECE-TUC)
Intelligent Systems Laboratory @ ECE-TUC
Getting to Chania
By Air: Fly to either Chania Airport Ioannis Daskalogiannis (CHQ, located just 15 mins away from the School venue); or to Heraklion airport (HER, located 2.5 hours away by car).
By Sea: Travel to Chania (or to Heraklion) by ferry. Full-time students in Greek universities are able to enjoy a 50% discount on their personal tickets regardless of ACAI-2019 participation on all ferries.
There are two main ferries that service Crete:
- Chania Agency: Sof. Venizelos square, 73 134 Chania, Tel.No. +30 28210 27500-4, Fax.No. +30 28210 27505, Email: email@example.com
- Souda Agency: Souda Square, 73 134 Souda-Chania, Tel.No. +30 28210 80050, Fax.No. +30 28210 80051, Web Site http://www.anek.gr
- Heraklion Agency: 11 Dimokratias Ave., 71 306 Heraklion, Tel.No. +30 2810 222481-2, +30 2810 223067/346440-1, Fax.No. +30 2810 346379, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Piraeus Agency: Address 22 Akti Kondili Str., 185 45 Piraeus, Tel.No. +30 210 4197510, Fax.No. +30 210 4114188, Email: email@example.com
- Athens Minoan Lines Agency: 59, Panepistimiou str., Athens. Tel.: +30 21 03 37 69 10
- Heraklion Port Minoan Lines Agency: New Passenger Station. Tel.: +30 28 10 33 01 98
- Piraeus Port Minoan Lines Agency: Gate E2. Tel.: +30 21 04 08 00 28
- Heraklion Minoan Lines Agency: 17, 25 Afgoustou str., Heraklion. Tel.: 18175 (greek cellular phone), 80 11 17 50 00 (greek landline)
- Piraeus Minoan Lines Agency: 6-10, Thermopylon str., Piraeus. Tel.: 18175 (greek cellular phone), 80 11 17 50 00 (greek landline)
Getting to the Venue
See the TUC main site for various means of transport